Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Plan B-change of pregnancy

Plan B-change of pregnancy

Patient: If I had unprotected sex with my partner during the time of ovulation but took plan B within 24 hours, how likely is it that I may be pregnant? This situation happened 5 months ago in August. I have had 4 almost “regular periods” since then, but am currently 7 days late on my current period. I do not notice any weight gain or any bumps near stomach area.EDIT:Is there anything for me to worry about in regards to a possible pregnancy?EDIT:Is there anything for me to worry about in regards to a possible pregnancy?

Symptoms: Nausea, rib pain, delayed period

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There are no possible chances of having a pregnancy as you have been getting cycles regu larly, provided you have not had an intercourse after the last cycle. The delay in your cycle could be due to hormone imbalance, thyroid dysfunction, prolactin hormone changes, stress induced, polycystic ovaries and many more. The chances of pregnancy are nil here.Kindly consult a doctor in case the delay continues beyond a week, you may need to rule out the above causes except pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards,