Plan B with birth control

Patient : I took the Plan B pill recently and a few days later I got my period. It wasn't like my normal period, it was shorter and the blood was darker. I then started my birth control pack for the first time. About a week later, I have light bleeding like I am getting my period which it is about the normal time for me to get my period. Should I continue the birth control or stop it? When will I get my period next and should I skip the sugar pills and start a new pack?
Symptoms:  Light bleeding(just today) , and a bad stomach ache/cramps for about a week now