Plantar Faciitis and Shin Splints... Getting worse

Q: When I started cross country, my feet hurt, and that was it. Then I began track 2 season later which is today. After one week, I went to the trainer with severe pain in my feet. I have been rolling my foot around with a golf-ball, but now I have shin splints as well in the inner part of my shins. I figured my planter faciitus cause my shin splints possibly because of the way I walk/ run. Is there a way to effectively treat both symptoms?

Symptoms: shooting pain when I walk or run through my shins and my feet