Plantar Warts and HPV

Patient: I’ve had a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot, which I had removed years ago. Does this mean I have HPV? Can it be spread to my partner? Can I develop cervial cancer from it?

Doctor: :Bartholin’s glands are located on each side of the vaginal opening. These glands secrete fluid that helps lubricate the vagina. Sometimes the openings of these glands become obstructed, causing fluid to back up into the gland. The result is relatively painless swelling called a Bartholin cyst. Treatment of a Bartholin cyst depends on the size of the cyst, the pain and whether the cyst is infected. Sometimes home treatment is all you need. In other cases, surgical drainage of the Bartholin cyst is necessary. If an infection occurs, antibiotics may be helpful to treat the infected Bartholin cyst. If the cyst is infected, or if testing reveals a sexually transmitted disease, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics to ensure that the bacteria causing the infection are destroyed. But if the abscess is drained properly, you may not need antibiotics. It can also be infected by the normal flora found in your vagina as well as E. coli due to the proximity to the anus. For that reason, let me reassure you that sexually transmitted infections are not always the cause of this cyst.