Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Plantar warts On foot and can’t find a cure for them.

Plantar warts On foot and can’t find a cure for them.

Patient: I have many plantar warts on my big toe and in that area and cant get rid of them. My main concern is they are spreading. I have tried duct tape but I’m running a lot so my foot sweat and it falls off. My main concern is they keep spreading and I can’t seem to stop them. I’ve read about lots of vitemins to use or minerals but I don’t know what works and what doesn’t. My foot sweats quite a bit and I run a lot.

Symptoms: Some pain no itching

Doctor: Thank you for your question. These persistent plantar warts will likely need to be surgically excised by a dermatologist . Since the remedies you have tried are not working, it is important that you take this step to consult a dermatologist to have them removed. Plantar warts can spread and are contagious so we recommend that you do not share your foot ware with individuals within your family and seek evaluation by a dermatologist as soon as possible.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com