Planters warts

Patient

Q: I have a planter wart that is killing me on the side of my big toe cant afford the dr. do you know any great remedys?

Doctor

A:   Common warts are skin growths caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus (HPV). This virus causes a rapid growth of cells on the outer layer of your skin.
Treatment helps prevent common warts from spreading to other parts of your body or to other people. But common warts may recur after treatment, and they may be a persistent problem. Many common warts don't require treatment. They usually disappear within two years, though new ones may develop nearby. You may want to treat them for cosmetic purposes, if they're causing discomfort or to prevent their spread. Home treatment is often effective in curing common warts. Salicylic acid, an over the counter medication, or even duct tape and patience may be enough to resolve common warts. Salicylic acid products are available in various forms such as gels, solutions, and medicated discs that vary in strength and directions for use. I wish you a prompt recovery.