Plasma donation after splenectomy

Patient : I had a splenectomy seven years ago at the age of 25. I regularly donate blood for the Red Cross. Would it be dangerous for me to donate plasma instead of blood?
Doctor :   If your spleen was removed due to trauma or physical injury you are eligible to donate 6 months after full recovery. If you received a blood transfusion as well, you will not be eligible to donate for 12 months. If however, your spleen was removed to treat a chronic illness such as immune thrombocytopaenic purpura (ITP) or lymphoma, you are not eligible to donate blood.