Please answer my question

Q: I was diagnosed with vaginitis. I used the cream for five days as directed. Now my vagina is sore and red. Could this be because of cream?

Symptoms:  Redness, sore and alittle itchy

Thanks for contacting

Vaginitis is a common feature in women though but has to be adequately treated. Considering the redness , soreness and itchiness which has increased after using the cream , i feel it is more of a mixed vaginosis and not vaginitis alone going by the description of symptoms and would warrant a different medication completely in form of vaginal pessaries with combination of antifungals and antibiotics.

I suggest you visit your physician and get a per speculum examination done and if required a vaginal swab smear for culture to identify the organisms confirmatively and then take an informed decision regarding directed treatment options.

I hope i have answered your queries in detail.
wishing you good health ,