Please answer my question

Patient : I was diagnosed with vaginitis. I used the cream for five days as directed. Now my vagina is sore and red. Could this be because of cream?
Symptoms:  Redness, sore and alittle itchy
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com Vaginitis is a common feature in women though but has to be adequatel y treated. Considering the redness , soreness and itchiness which has increased after using the cream , i feel it is more of a mixed vaginosis and not vaginitis alone going by the description of symptoms and would warrant a different medication completely in form of vaginal pessaries with combination of antifungals and antibiotics. I suggest you visit your physician and get a per speculum examination done and if required a vaginal swab smear for culture to identify the organisms confirmatively and then take an informed decision regarding directed treatment options. I hope i have answered your queries in detail. wishing you good health , regards