Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Please answer my question

Please answer my question

Patient: I was diagnosed with vaginitis. I used the cream for five days as directed. Now my vagina is sore and red. Could this be because of cream?

Symptoms: Redness, sore and alittle itchy

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comVaginitis is a common feature in women though but has to be adequatel y treated. Considering the redness , soreness and itchiness which has increased after using the cream , i feel it is more of a mixed vaginosis and not vaginitis alone going by the description of symptoms and would warrant a different medication completely in form of vaginal pessaries with combination of antifungals and antibiotics.I suggest you visit your physician and get a per speculum examination done and if required a vaginal swab smear for culture to identify the organisms confirmatively and then take an informed decision regarding directed treatment options.I hope i have answered your queries in detail.wishing you good health ,regards