Please be patient,I type slowMy husband,64,multiple serious

Patient: Please be patient,I type slow.My husband,64,multiple serious health problems,gets pneumonia frequently,no symptoms.So bad once itgave him a heart attack.He has it again.Thedoctors also said his lungs were abnormal andwould have tobe drained immediately. Then they realized he was on plavix andset it up for 3 days.The diagnosis was empyema.I researched this and itseemed to be quite serious.Now they said they can’t fit him in for a week and discharged him.Also,I have heard this isvery painful and they refuse to sedate him.He is very weak Andfrail and has been losing 4-8lbs every other week.He looks like an oldman,yet his doctor says he’s at his prper weight No.Something is seriously wrong.Help,please

Symptoms: Chronic pneumonia and mystery fluid in lungs

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You need to find a different hospital for your husband, as empyema is indeed a serious condition which needs immediate medical attention.He needs to be given iv antibiotics preferably 3rd generation cephalosporins, Deriphylline and his oxygen saturation needs to be monitored. I am not sure why they discharged him, but kindly try to find a different hospital for him.The fact that he is losing so much weight also indicates the seriousness of the disease.So, please find a different hospital as he needs immediate care.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.