Please can u tell me about Tuberculous lymphadenitis

Patient: Please can u tell me about Tuberculous lymphadenitis.And it manifests . Signs . And how dangerous it is ?and is it contagious ?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.TB Lymphadenitis refers to a lymphadenitis of the cervical lymph nodes associated with tuberculosis as well as non-tuberculous mycobacteria.The most common symptom is the appearance of a chronic, painless mass in the neck, which is persistent and usually grows with time.Diagnosis is made by needle aspiration biopsy or excisional biopsy of the mass and the histological examination.Treatment is with Anti Tubercular Therapy (ATT) for a duration of 9-12 months.It is usually not contagious if the lesions have not developed fistula, or primary site is somewhere else.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy