Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Please get back to me as soon as possible

Please get back to me as soon as possible

Patient: I think I might be pregnant but I am not sure. I had sex a week ago and the next morning I took plan b one step. But I didn’t start ovulating till Thursday. Is there a chance I am not pregnant?

Symptoms: My boobs are soar but that could also be PMS

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthrdoctor.com for an opinion.If you have had unprotected sex a week ago and had take n a plan-b within 72 hrs , then ideally you should be experiencing your withdrawal bleed within 7-10 days of the pill intake. Also if you were in your safe period at the time of intercourse, the chances of pregnancy are minimal. If the menses resume soon then it would further confirm that pregnancy was not established.The sore breasts indicate it to be PMS and likely that your withdrawal bleed shall ensue in few days,regards