Please help me determine what type of Std I may have.

Patient : Hello, two days after having unprotected sex i began having red and white pimples all over my penis. I went to the doctor got tested and everything came back negative, and the doctor said that it is most likely folliculitis and I put some topical cream on it for 10 days and they disappeared. That was about 2.5 months ago. I've been with the same woman since, and we have not been with anyone else. I then received pretty much the same thing again. Except I noticed black spots within the raised bumps about the size of a tip of a pen. So I started applying Topical cream on it the past 3 days. It seemed to be helping. Then I just noticed a few hours ago that it started to get really irritated and itch. I took a look at my penis and I noticed that next to the "folliculitis" I developed very small clear blister like clusters. I am going to give it a few more days. And hopefully it will all go away with this topical cream. In your opinion from the description I gave, what do you think I have?
Symptoms:  Itching, slight pain
Please help me determine wh...-1 Please help me determine wh...-2 Please help me determine wh...-3
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at I understand your concern. If all the STDs have been ru led out, it is folliculitis. However, I will advise you to repeat the STD profile including syphilis and herpes. Sometimes too early in the disease, the STDs may not show up in the blood stream. You should continue applying Mupirocin as this has been helping. Hope this was helpful, Regards

Related Q&A

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...

Q: Wanting advice on whether I have an STI. Near the opening of my penis on one side there is a raised bump that is not ...

Q: Hi , I'm in a long distance relationship with my partner who was just tested for std's for the first time. After the ...

Q: I've one wart on my anus, but I've been in a monogamous relationship for > 20 yrs. Neither of us has ever had geni...

Q: Around rim of my penis head is red


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon