Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Please help me feel better before my surgery.

Please help me feel better before my surgery.

Patient: What do I do if I get sick 2 days before I’m have thyroid cancer surgery

Symptoms: Coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose, and runny nose

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI).If you ha ve severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest X-ray Done to rule out Pneumonia.For URTI, i advise as follows:1. To take an antibiotic like Azithromycin.2. To take an anti allergic like Levocetrizine3. To do warm saline gargles.4. To do steam inhalation5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.