Please help me my best friend has depression.

Patient

Q: Hi, my best friend has been to a counsellor, the told her she needs to see a doctor because she is developing depression... she refuses to tell her mum and get the help she needs, she hardly talks to me about what's happening anymore and I'm getting really worried about her, how do I help her without he pushing me away

Symptoms:  My best friend
Doctor

Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
A person needs to have an insight into ones own illness to seek help. Now at your end you can give him some material of depression to read and understand his illness. You can make him meet the counselor again to motivate him to seek help. Just try doing these two things. In-case if he is harboring suicidal ideas, then inform to the police immediately.
Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.