Please help me to decide what is safe time for a healthy pregnancy

Q: My husband and I had a early miscarriage last week, I was told to wait till after my first normal period. I am currently taking 20 mg of adderall twice a day. We want to try conceiving after my first normal period when should I stop taking the medication. I do not take it everyday now.

A:   Thank you for your query.
Adderall is not safe to use while planning to conceive,you should inform your healthcare provider regarding the same. After miscarriage it is suggested to wait for one or two normal menstrual cycles to pass on before you plan to conceive. In the meanwhile the medicine of adderall will also be out of your system. There have been no studies of this drug on human pregnancy but some data show that it could cause severe bone deformity in the fetus. Whereas studies on the animals however revealed that the drug is highly teratogenic & embryotoxic. It has also been recommended that it should only be given to patients incase the benefits of the drug in their case outweighs its risks to the fetus.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.