Please help me with ketones in my blood.

Patient

Q: I'm a 54 yr old female, Type 2 diabetic, who hasn't taken care of herself for the past few months, knowing I was hurting my health. Been under tremendous stress. I wasn't even checking my sugars. Decided I needed to get on track and when I checked my sugar, the meter said I have ketones. I really don't want to wind up in the ER, and want to know if there's anything I can do to help myself get rid of the ketones and lower my sugar. I take oral medication to treat my diabetes.

Symptoms:  Haven't really had any symptoms except maybe increased thirst and frequent urination.
Doctor