Please help! Need advice asap!!

Patient : I need help knowing what kind of pain medication I should be on because what I am taking now is not working. I am in pain management, I recently moved so I'm seeing a new doctor. I was hit by a drunk driver on my mmotorcycle. I have had chronic back pain (lower back) with nerve damage that shoots down my leg and makes my foot feel like pins and needles... This has been going on for 8 years and was prescribed Percocet 150 a month, but now I found out i am diabetic so I cannot take that much tyenol. I was recently prescribed oxycodone ir 10mg 2 a day and fentanyl 25mcg patches. I have been taking about 4 oxy a day and the patch doesn't seem to help until 12hrs after applied and I have been using 2 so 50mcg which helps eliminate my pain to where it is tolerable. I just wanted advice on what I should take that would help more or if I should ask for both an IR and ER oxycodone, oh and increase the dosage of the patch. Thank you!
Symptoms:  Chronic lower back pain sharp stabbing pain along with a constant dull achy pain. The pain shoots down my left leg to my foot then my foot is like pins and needles.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon