Please help! Need advice asap!!

Patient

Q: I need help knowing what kind of pain medication I should be on because what I am taking now is not working. I am in pain management, I recently moved so I'm seeing a new doctor. I was hit by a drunk driver on my mmotorcycle. I have had chronic back pain (lower back) with nerve damage that shoots down my leg and makes my foot feel like pins and needles... This has been going on for 8 years and was prescribed Percocet 150 a month, but now I found out i am diabetic so I cannot take that much tyenol. I was recently prescribed oxycodone ir 10mg 2 a day and fentanyl 25mcg patches. I have been taking about 4 oxy a day and the patch doesn't seem to help until 12hrs after applied and I have been using 2 so 50mcg which helps eliminate my pain to where it is tolerable. I just wanted advice on what I should take that would help more or if I should ask for both an IR and ER oxycodone, oh and increase the dosage of the patch. Thank you!

Symptoms:  Chronic lower back pain sharp stabbing pain along with a constant dull achy pain. The pain shoots down my left leg to my foot then my foot is like pins and needles.
Doctor