Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Please help, this has greatly impacted my life negatively

Please help, this has greatly impacted my life negatively

Patient: I’m 15 and I have acne on my cheeks and forhead. What is the best treatment that can get rid of my acne for good, in a week ?”

Symptoms: Acne

Doctor: Hello thanks for your query on ATD.Acne is a disease of sebaceous gland duct blockage /infection.Usually, it takes 4 to 5 months of treatment to control the disease. After control, you have to maintain daily regime to avoid recurrence. There is no medicine that can control acne in a week. Have patience & faith in your dermatologist. You will be cleared of your acne lesions.Best wishes