x
81 Physicians Online

Question:

Please help...Possible Cesarean Infection

Is it possible to have an c-section infection 2 years after surgery? I have to red irritated spot on each close to both ends of the incision and am leaking a small, clear, foul smelling discharge. Due to current medication I have had difficulties with bowel movements. Two days ago I had to use an enema and citrate of magnesia to relieve myself. I had only 2 or 3 very small bowel movements in the past week and a half. I am wondering if this is somehow related? Is this something I should rush to the ER over or wait until tomorrow to see my doctor?

Answer:

I do understand your concern. In my opinion the most probable cause for the irritation and discharge at the site of incision would be due to an incisional hernia or an abscess. I would suggest that you consult your doctor regarding these possibilities. Examination of the site with ultrasound or CT will give a clearer picture of your condition.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.