Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Please try and help me with the pregnancy test analysis.

Please try and help me with the pregnancy test analysis.

Patient: I am two months an five days late with my menstrual cycle! I had blood work done on 12-16-14 and it was negative! Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: All pregnancy symptoms

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As blood test for pregnancy gave negative result there is les s possibility of pregnancy.But if conception occurred one to two weeks before blood test, it may not detect the pregnancy.So, go for urine pregnancy test now.If test gives negative result, there is less possibility of pregnancy.In that case, please do consult your doctor, get evaluated and take tablets for withdrawal bleeding.Take care.