x
Browse
193 Physicians Online

Question:

Pleural based soft tissue mass

Hello, I am concerned about a CT scan report and wanted to ask if I should worry about a soft tissue mass. I had a abdominal and pelvic CT scan that came back clear however they found the following: "14mm pleural based soft tissue mass abutting the left lower lobe, differential diagnosis includes predominantly benign processes such as a benign mesenchymal tumor such as a neurofibroma or fibrous tumor of the pleura.". My doctor told me I should follow up CT scan in 3 months. Should I be concerned at this point and be more aggressive such a get a biopsy of the mass? I am a very healthy person, this has me worried sick.

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

Your concern is understandable. However, you should note that the vast majority of these tumors are benign. Follow up CT scan in three months is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. If the repeat CT scan shows any changes suggesting a malignancy or should you develop symptoms attributable to the mass then biopsy and removal may be warranted.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA