Pls can I take vanprazol 200 for abortion for one

Q: Pls can I take vanprazol 200 for abortion for one month pregnancy

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

If you have a developing one month old pregnancy with an ongoing cytotrophoblastic invasion of placental cells into the endometrium to form percent then vanprazol 200 ( MISOPROSTOL 200) alone or in single dosage will not be the correct regimen at all to be used to ensure a safe medical abortion. There is a set protocol for medical termination of pregnancy where before vanprazol, the primary drug MIFEPRISTONE 200mg is to be taken and only after next 36 hrs that 2 tabs of vanprazol 200(2x 200=400mg) should be taken followed by another dose of 2 tabs of vanprazol 200.

however, the bleeding may start after the second dose ( vanprazol 200) and may last for even 10-12 days. The bleeding would be accompanied with pain and abdominal cramps and once the gestational sac is passed out., he pain shall reduce immediately and the remaining decidua and endometrium shall be shed in next 7-10 days where completion of abortion can be confirmed by a transvaginal ultrasound after a week post-abortion.
This procedure should not be attempted without the supervision of a gynecologist as excessive bleeding may be a complication one should be always concerned about in early pregnancy abortions.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,