Pls help im experiencing stabbing long contraction like pain

Patient : Pls help im experiencing stabbing long contraction like pain in my upper diaphram. The pain mkes me buckle over. Its like a contraction but very very painful and will mke me cry. Its really
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. Such contracting pain can be due to Peptic Ulcer Disea se, Acid reflux disease, Gallbladder stones (Cholelithiasis), Pancreatitis. Because the pain is very severe, I would keep Gall bladder stones as the first possibility. I would advise you to get Upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen. If any stones are found in gall bladder, you may require surgery for that. On endoscopy, if any ulcers are found, they will take a biopsy for h.pylori infection. You will be started on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone. Avoid Painkillers, Alcohol, Smoking. Take Soft, Bland diet. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon