Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Plz treat my hypoplastic uterus

Plz treat my hypoplastic uterus

Patient: Dear doctor, i am 22 year oldi have hypoplastic uterus.my doctor took my test and i have normal LH,FSH AND PROLACTIN LEVELS.i also have normal secondary sexual characteristics like normal axillary and pubic hair growth,normal breast size.i have been on horemone replacement for last 4 to five years and my ovarian and uterine size also improved but i still have a hypoplastic uterus.my weight is 51 kg and my height is 5ft4inches.my vaginal length is also normal.but why m i m still not mensruating plz help me.i have became hopeless and my this disability is causing me a great trouble psycologically and socially

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Hypoplastic uterus is a congenital malformation of the uterus in which a female is born wit h an abnormally small uterus. Since you have no other symptoms and you are responding to HRT, you may not need to worry about any serious complications of this condition. You may experience problems with infertility and maintaining your pregnancy if you decided to conceive in the future, but this can be addressed at that time. We do recommend that you continue to be monitored by your doctors and follow their treatment as prescribed.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com