PMS and Starvation!

Q: A week before my period begins I am absolutely starving! My stomach grumbles, I am weak in the knees, and I can barely focus. I eat constantly but after about 30 minutes to an hour I am absolutely starving again! I attempt to eat good, filling foods for the first day or two (peanut butter, grains, fruits, and veggies) but after that I cannot resist cheese, bread, pasta, meat - absolutely anything in bulk! I wake up starving in the morning too!
I am a 5'4" woman who weighs 110 pounds. I work out every day for at least an hour and rarely eat unhealthy foods. It's frustrating that during the week before my period I cannot physically handle eating healthy foods.
Eating unhealthy foods for a few days is certainly bad for me but I can barely function if I don't. Will my body continue to take care of the extra calories I eat during this time? Does my body crave more food because it NEEDS more food?