Podalic Presentation;Breech Baby.

Patient: What is the condition called in which the baby moves dangerously low in the abdomen towards pelvis in pregnancy? my wife is now in her sixth month and the doctor told her that the baby is not in the right position, I want find out more about the condition but I dont know what it is called?

Doctor: I know how preoccupied you are about your baby’s condition. The probable condition that your baby is presenting might be be called Breech Baby or Podalic Presentation.A fetus is said to be in a breech presentation when the buttocks of the baby are presenting first at the bottom of the uterus, and the head is in the upper part, or fundus of the uterus. Because of the potential risk of complications in a vaginal delivery of a baby in a breech position, many doctors now regularly deliver such babies by cesarean.However, it doesn’t matter if the baby is breech, as there is always a good chance that she will turn spontaneously before term or before 37 weeks of pregnancy. After that if the baby did not turn by himself, your doctor might want to try reposition techniques or deliver by c – section.I suggest you to talk to your doctor about your wife’s gestational age and discuss about exercises to turn your baby around.