Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Patient

Q: I just found out that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am trying to get pregnant, and am having trouble. What can I do to help my situation?

Doctor

A:   I understand how worry you are about your diagnosis. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome may have trouble becoming pregnant because they experience infrequent ovulation or a lack of ovulation. PCOS is the most common cause of female infertility.
However this does not mean that you will not get pregnant, the majority of women suffering from PCOS conceive without any intervention. Sometimes managing the weight in overweight patients could be the only change needed to ovulate again.
I will suggest you to consult your Gynecologist, he or she would teach you how to know when you are ovulating by checking your temperature, there are also medications that could increase the ovulation and also favor the implantation of the fertilized ovum in your uterus. I don’t think you should worry about infertility. You will only need support but I am positive that you will have your expected pregnancy. I wish you the best.