Polyuria, polydipsia, ice pick headaches (I think), skin peeling, possible memory problems

Q: I have a bunch of possibly unrelated symptoms which I'm going to list here in the hope that you can give me advice. I'm a 22 year old male with a very sedentary lifestyle and, sometimes, odd sleeping patterns---not because I can't help it but because I spend a lot of time on the Internet, studying, reading, or watching movies. I have some friends I regularly meet with and smoke marijuana, although I haven't done that so much lately. My height is 1.67 m and my weight, which has been pretty much constant for some time, is 56 kg. One of my grandmothers suffered from hypothyroidism (my thyroid gland was checked and is doing fine) and the other one died of stomach cancer when she was in her 60s. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to share about my family medical history. I never had any medical problems until last year when I started showing polydipsia and polyuria: I drank water and urinated about 6--7 liters per day. I was tested for urinary infection, diabetes mellitus, and diabetes insipidus, but turned out to have neither so my doctor suggested that I be more careful about my water instake. That helped to some extent but I still SOMETIMES (not always) feel more thirsty than usual and urinate more frequently. Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling very thirsty but sometimes I also wake up once, twice, or even three times during the night feeling thirsty and needing to go to the bathroom. A couple of months ago the skin on the palms of my hands started to peel really badly---if I used my hands it got quite red and felt like it was burning, probably because the skin wasn't thick enough to protect me or something. I also noticed the same thing happening on my feet but to a much smaller degree and also have chapped lips. Could this be related to my other problem in the sense that I'm dehydrated or something? I also noticed that some of my hair is falling off; I just noticed the hairs, I don't have bald spots. Either way, I think the hair thing is an older symptom. A couple of weeks ago I also started having stabbing sensations on the back of my head---the pain typically lasts for a fraction of a second and is sharp and intense. I usually get a couple of them a few seconds apart, maybe once or twice a day. I have not noticed any pattern for when they show but I can't guarantee there is none, as I don't know what to be on the look for. I don't know whether the last one is a symptom or if I'm making a big deal out of nothing because the other symptoms have made me be more alert about my health but the last month my memory hasn't been in its greatest shape; for instance, I watched an episode of a TV show and a week later, I started watching it again and only realized 10 minutes later. A few similar cases where I forgot some details occured but it's not like I couldn't count on my memory, I can still remember stuff. My old memories are intact, I can recall things in great detail just as before. It may be that I don't really concentrate (although this may be a separate thing also)---lately I seem to drift away and start thinking about things that interest me when someone starts a boring conversation and I will later realize I have no idea what they've said to me. I CAN pay attention if I want to but in the past I don't think it was as easy for me to ignore the boring things. Should I change my lifestyle (eat better, sleep better, exercise more, more social activities)? Is it something simple like a vitamin deficiency or a normal thing that happens to everyone from time to time? Should I get checked for something? Someone told me that I might be depressed and not know it.