Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Poor metabolic health due to malnutrition, help please.

Poor metabolic health due to malnutrition, help please.

Patient: Hello,My name is Trevor and I am a 225lb 23yr. old truck driver. I am an ex-bodybuilder that spent 2 years over the road and put on a few pounds. During this time I tried to keep my weight in check by eating one fast food meal a day and a few light snacks. After doing this I have little energy, I don’t feel like myself, poor concentration, hair loss, low testosterone, and my motivation is little to none. After some research I decided to dose myself on a half grain of Nature-Thyroid. It has helped a little but I don’t want to up the dose or have to be on pills for the rest of my life. What can I do to turn my bad nutrition choices around and get my thyroid, hormones, testosterone in check naturally?

Doctor:

Guest: This might be hard but go to no junk food a day, protein is the most important thing and it’s best to get energy from unprocessed food,take a packed lunch with you x have complex carbs such as brown nice and bread etc , lentils and chicken and eggs,are,good,for,you x