Popping and cracking of nose but no pain

Patient : Hi. My nose pops and makes cracking noises (like popping your knuckles) but there's no pain. I place thumb and index finger on my nose and push down and it cracks, I can also slide my finger side to side on the tip of my nose and it pops. What is going on, will I need a nose job? I'm only 14. Thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for your question. unfortunately given your description and without examining you, it is difficult for me to d etermine the cause of your cracks. It is likely due to the cartilages in your nose rubbing against each other when you squeeze and manipulate your nose. I wouldn't be concerned and i do not think that you need a nose job. Since i cannot examine you myself, i would recommend having a physician examine your nose.