Popping and cracking of nose but no pain

Q: Hi. My nose pops and makes cracking noises (like popping your knuckles) but there's no pain. I place thumb and index finger on my nose and push down and it cracks, I can also slide my finger side to side on the tip of my nose and it pops. What is going on, will I need a nose job? I'm only 14. Thanks

A:   Thanks for your question.

unfortunately given your description and without examining you, it is difficult for me to determine the cause of your cracks. It is likely due to the cartilages in your nose rubbing against each other when you squeeze and manipulate your nose. I wouldn't be concerned and i do not think that you need a nose job. Since i cannot examine you myself, i would recommend having a physician examine your nose.