Positive and Negative pregnancy test

Q: I did a pregnancy test last friday which showed positive, i then had some light bleeding for a couple days so i went to my doctor and they just told me to rest. the bleeding has now stopped. I felt a bit confused so i did another pregnancy test this morning and it showed negative. Am i pregnant or not?

A:   I understand your concern about pregnancy. I would have liked to know exactly how many days passed since the bleeding and your last pregnancy test. If the pregnancy was confirmed with a blood pregnancy test and since the doctor gave you rest indications, the bleeding could have been produced by a miscarriage but sometimes light spotting could also be present in pregnancies due to implantation itself.
My suggestion for you would be to get a blood pregnancy test which is more accurate with your health care provider to confirm the presence of an ongoing pregnancy and to rule out miscarriage. Either case may need to be treated differently. I wish you the best.