Positive and negative pregnancy tests

Patient

Q: A couple weeks ago i was 2 days late for my period. took a pregnancy test and it came up positive. then i started my period. 3 more tests came up positive. then after my period was over 2 tests came up negative. then last night had severe pain in my lower abdomen. and today a milky white substance coming out. what do i do?

Doctor

A:   I would suggest that you consult your doctor for complete history and physical examination. Blood test to pregnancy are more sensitive in determining pregnancy. Also your doctor may culture the vaginal discharge to see for the presence of infection.