Positive and negative pregnancy tests

Patient

Q: Hi there.im really confused.me and my partner are trying for a.baby and i have done some pregnancy taest two have come out positive and others are nnegative.what does this mean? im not due my period til nxt tuesday.

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern. Pregnancy tests are fairly accurate when done at the right time. Pregnancy tests done too early may not show up as positive. Since you've had mixed results with the urine test, I would suggest that you consult your doctor for blood test for pregnancy which is more sensitive and confirmatory. An alternative would be to wait for a week after when your period is due to repeat the test.