Positive Fertility Test But Tubes Tied eleven years ago

Patient

Q: I had my tubes tied eleven years ago but took a fertility test a few months ago to see if I was able to get pregnant. Does a positive fertility test mean I can get pregnant and my tubes are no longer tied?

Doctor

A:   I understand your inquiry about fertility, the test that you might have probably took detects the hormone that stimulates the release of the ovum, however if you had a ligation of the Fallopian Tubes the mature egg wouldn’t be fertilized by the sperm since there is a blockage in your tubes.
If you want to evaluate your tubal ligation, you might want to have an image study if you want to consider a reversal of the tubal ligation. I hope I could clear your doubt.