Positive Pregnancy in Blood Tests

Patient : I recently went to the doctor and had some blood drawn out of my arm to run some tests. Is it possible for a positive pregnancy to show up in my results?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Yes, it is possible to determine if you are pregnant or not from a blood test. However, th is is a specific test that must be ordered by your physician and cannot be detected on a routine blood test. The hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is produced in the early stages of pregnancy, and this is what we test for the presence of in your blood to determine if you are pregnant. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com