Positive pregnancy test, history of ovarian cysts and miscarriages, have

Patient

Q: Positive pregnancy test, history of ovarian cysts and miscarriages, have type 2 diabetes and on depo provera for 5 months (received last shot 6 weeks ago), last period was over 3 months ago, possible pregnant or other factor?

Doctor

Since your pregnancy test is positive, we have to go by the fact that this could be a pregnancy unless proved otherwise. There can be failure of contraception or deposit provera in your case. It is suggested that you do a serum beta hcg test and an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis to rule out pregnancy. If there is no pregnancy, we can think of other causes like biochemical pregnancy with no evidence of sac in uterus or also rule out a choriocarcinoma with very high hug levels.

First do this test and also consult a gynecologist for an opinion after an examination and act accordingly.
Hope this helps.