Possibility of getting pregnant when no semen enters vagina?

Patient

Q: Hello, so my girlfriend is worried she may be pregnant. Basically what happened is, we were fooling around and i was placing my penis slightly in her vagina to stimulate it, I retracted it as i could feel semen building up. I tried to stop myself ejaculating but was unsuccessful. But my penis was not in her vagina, but my semen had landed next to her vagina (not on). My question is, is it possible that my girlfriend could get pregnant in anyway?

Doctor