Possibility of preagnancy

Patient

Q: My girlfriend's normal time spam of periods is of 3 days but this time it is of 2 days.
We had a unprotected sex a week before her periods and she took an emergency contraceptive pill with in 24 hrs
Is there any possibility of preagnancy?

Symptoms:  Weakness and fatigue
Doctor

A:   Hello
There is no possibility of a pregnancy if she has got the periods as expected on the same day of every month. A change in bleeding pattern prolonged or cut short by 1 or 2 days in a cycle is not abnormal. The change could be due to the pill intake which has caused a hormonal change. Weakness and fatigue, though seen during pregnancy, is not specific of the same, it could be due to generalised weakness, stress or anemia or other reasons.