Possibility of pregnancy after missing medication

Patient: I have been on birth control for many years and missed a dose by almost a month and a half and then took my next dose. I am now feeling ALL the symptoms of being pregnant. Can this be possible with being on the shot or is this just side effects?

Doctor: If you are on birth control there are 99% chance that you are not pregnant. However since you’ve missed a month and a ha lf of medication, there is a possibility that your symptoms may be due to pregnancy. You may want to take a blood test for pregnancy in case of doubts. Visit to your GP or if possible a gynecologist would help diagnose the cause in case you don’t get your periods yet the next month.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts