Possibility of Pregnancy with precum?

Q: Hi, my boyfriend and I were dry humping and he wore boxers while I had nothing on. I grinded on top of him and we noticed his boxers were wet. He hadn't ejaculated yet so the belief is that it's precum. What is the likelihood I could be pregnant?

Symptoms:  None

A:   Pregnancy is caused as a result of sexual intercourse only if it occurs within one's so called "fertile period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analysing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.

A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.

Even a drop of seminal fluid may find its way and get you pregnant in an unprotected intercourse, whether complete or not. You may, however, get a home pregnancy test done, if you have missed a period already and discuss the result with a doctor to dispel your doubts.