Possibility Of Pregnancy With Precum Even After Taking Pill

Patient

Q: My boyfriend and I rubbed generals naked the other day but he never penetrated (maybe less then a half inch). We did not use protection so I took the plan b 24 hours after we got intimate. Is there a percentage I can be pregnant with the pre cum even though I took the pill?

Doctor

A:   Pregnancy is caused as a result of sexual intercourse only if it occurs within one's so called "fertile period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analysing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.
An emergency pill or ECP is a birth control pill (like Plan B) that can prevent pregnancy after an unprotected intercourse. People sometimes call it the "morning after pill." But you don't have to wait until the morning after sex to take it. In fact, ECP is more effective the sooner you take it. It is a one-dose regimen: you take one pill. The pill contains 1.5 milligrams of levonorgestrel, which is used in lower doses in many birth control pills. The recommended window for protection is that of 72 hours.
Even a drop of seminal fluid may find its way and get you pregnant in an unprotected intercourse, whether complete or not. You may, however, get a home pregnancy test done, if you have missed a period already and discuss the result with a doctor to dispel your doubts.