Possible ACL/PCL injury?

Patient

Q: 4 weeks post injury to my knee. I still have moderate swelling and decreased range of motion. The knee feels very unstable while standing, and walking, and I have a very sharp consistent pain that radiates through the joint line. MRI showed a meniscus tear and was inconclusive on a possible ACL/PCL injury though physical exams for the ligaments showed noticeable laxity . Any thoughts on what could possibly be going on?

Symptoms:  Swelling, Pain, decreased range of motion, instability/giving way
Possible ACL/PCL  injury?-1 Possible ACL/PCL  injury?-2 Possible ACL/PCL  injury?-3
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thanks for your query
I have gone through your question in detail and understand your concern. You has torn meniscus as per your MRI report. It and hematoma of injury is cause of your knee swelling and decrease of range of motion. Its non operative treatment is quadriceps exercises and physiotherapy. You can take analgesics such as ibuprofen for pain relief .You can visit orthopedic surgeon for arthroscopic repair /removal of meniscus, arthroscopy will have advantage of seeing the condition of your ACL and PCL ligaments and if found torn these can be reconstructed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you good health
Take care