Possible acl tear but knee feels eighty percent week after accident. Possible misdiagnosis?

Patient : I am 8 days past a possible acl tear, had an MRI and the doctor confirmed it was an acl tear. Around day two after the accident I was walking with a slight limp and now at 8 days I feel like I could just about go for a run. I have almost all range of motion and swelling is down to a minimal level and am experiencing minimal pain. I am wondering if this is common after an acl tear or is it possible that I did not tear the acl? Should I get a second opinion before I schedule surgery?