Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possible Broken Big Toe

Possible Broken Big Toe

Patient: Trying to figure out if my toe is broken or sprained. Had a pretty hard impact in a soccer game last night and now my right big toe is turning blur around the toenail, swollen and pain with weight bearing. I have slight range of motion but cant curl my toe.

Symptoms: Swelling, bruising around toenail, slight range of motion, pain with weight bearing

Possible Broken Big Toe-1

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Looking to your description an d photograph it seems to be having undisplaced fracture of great toe. However it can be clear only after getting its x ray. Treatment is however similar whether it got sprain or undisplaced fracture. It’s treatment consist of splinting of injured part (rest to part), elevation and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.