Possible cervical radiculopathy Vs CTS

Q: DearDoctor Im having a shoulder n neck pain , almost 8years even i already x-ray n fisiotrapi, acupunture ,the pain still same. The doctor advise me may be because of my work always in a computer wrks n payroll. But when im doing the exercise or any normal time also i feel numbness in my hand n finger and its like also in neck area feel like the is electricity ithe pain i having i couldnt explain by wrd pls advise me

A:    The pain in your neck and numbness in your hand and finger as you described it might be due to a cervical nerve compression but it would be important to rule out inflammation due to compression of the peripheral nerves at the level of the arm and hand like a Carpal tunnel Syndrome in the view of your occupation. In the younger patients, cervical radiculopathy may be a result of a disc herniation or an acute injury causing impingement of an exiting nerve. The treatment strategy usually includes: physical therapy program aimed to reduce pain and inflammation, and the use of anti-inflammatory medication (ibuprofen), also a re-education of your  habits and posture will help you to  improve quality of life. You should be independent in a stretching and strengthening program and continue with these exercises under the periodic supervision of a physical therapist initially and then completely on your own. If the condition fails to improve with a comprehensive rehabilitation program and selective injections, you might be presented with a surgical evaluation. Often, patients should show progressive improvement over the first 6-8 weeks with conservative treatment.