Possible diabetes or?

Q: Ok I'm urinating very often. Sometimes within minutes of each other. Also relative did blood sugar test on me and was 117 after not eating for 10-12 hrs

Symptoms:  Frequently urinating, always tired,

A:   Thank you for your question. A fasting blood sugar level between 70 and 100 mg/dl is considered normal. However, this is with a 24 hours of fasting. Your blood sugar reading of 117 may reflect the fact that you had not been fasting for 24 hours. Had this blood sugar reading been after a 24 hour fast, you would have been considered prediabetic.
Your increased urination and lethargy would lead us to perform diagnostic testing for diabetes. What this entails is conducting a urine test to measure if you are excreting excess glucose as well as performing a fasting blood glucose test and a special blood test to measure your hemoglobin A1c levels. Hemoglobin A1c is the test that measures how your blood sugar has been managed naturally over the last three months. Please follow up with your doctor for further evaluation. In the meantime try to avoid ingesting excess refined sugars, simple carbohydrates (white rice, white flour), and maintain adequate hydration with water.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com