Possible Fat Necrosis in left inguinal area (joint)

Q: I had an u/s which showed "two ill-defined, hypoechoic collections in the more superficial subcutaneous adipose tissue layer which may present local areas of fat necrosis". I seen a surgeon today and he told me that I am to "wait it out" and see if my pain in my left inguinal area gets better over the next couple weeks. I have had this "pinching" type of pain over a month, bothers me to sit completely upright, unable to sleep on my side b/c of the pinching pain. I am trying to find out more information on "fat necrosis of the leg", because all I am finding is info on the breast.

Symptoms:  Pinching type of pain in my left upper inguinal area (where upper thigh and groin meet), bluish colored hue to that part of the skin which hurts (pinching pain) upon touching, inability to lay on my sides while sleeping because it pinches really badly, chronic and general leg pain "achy" feeling throughout leg