Possible flu? Sinus infection? Need advice

Patient

Q: I have chunky bloody green snot and high fever. very sore throat and pounding headache. cannot stay warm and body aches all over. I've been taking 4 DayQuil daily and 2 nyquil for 3 days and I'm not any better

Symptoms:  Bloody chunky snot, high fever, body aches, chills, pounding headache, sore throat, low appetite
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
A normal cold infection can get better on its own in 3 days time with home remedies.
A sore throat can be caused by a streptococcus infection and needs antibiotics treatment. Strep infection would not be present with a runny nose or cough. There could be a possibility if a steep infection in your case. I recommend a visit to the physician. He would take a throat swab and culture it. If strep infection is confirmed he would prescribe antibiotics suitable according to the strain of the bacteria affecting and your medical history.
To get a temporary relief you could try warm saline water gargling.
Hope this information was useful