Possible Foreign Object in Body

Patient

Q: What is the appropriate doctor to go to directly find out if there is a foreign object inside of me and what is the process of removing it?

BACK STORY
When I was 12 I inserted an approximately 4 inch long, half inch diameter acrylic cylindrical object into my rectum.

I'm 21 now, and I do not remember it ever coming out. I feel no pain and have had no known side effects, but want to know with certainty the object is not in my body.

I also want to limit how many people know about this, so I want to cut down on my visits to the doctors office.

Doctor