Possible Foreign Object in Body

Patient : What is the appropriate doctor to go to directly find out if there is a foreign object inside of me and what is the process of removing it? BACK STORY When I was 12 I inserted an approximately 4 inch long, half inch diameter acrylic cylindrical object into my rectum. I'm 21 now, and I do not remember it ever coming out. I feel no pain and have had no known side effects, but want to know with certainty the object is not in my body. I also want to limit how many people know about this, so I want to cut down on my visits to the doctors office.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: The end of the shaft of my penis is wrinkled when flaccid and when I get an erection it takes several minutes to expa...

Q: Hi I recently had quite vigorous sex with my partner. I noticed afterwards a small tear under my foreskin on the shaf...

Q: I had a small amount of blood in some discharge yesterday evening and I had intercourse with my boyfriend this evenin...

Q: Hey, so me and my girlfriend were about to have sex and and 45 minutes before I had a erections like 6 in row within ...

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon