Possible Frenulum Breve

Q: My sons 15 and his "Banjo String" is too short, he went to his doctor awhile ago and she blew it off when he was 14, Now hes 15 and theirs still no improvment. He wants to get a appointment and get a refferal to get a urologists,specialists advice, but one he doesnt know how to ask. 2 he has been searching for treatments and is wondering, he found some forms of treatment, 1 is frenulum removal,frenuloplatsy and second is circumcision. he is embarassed to ask his doctor for a refferal and is wondering how to get it and i'm wondering if insurance will cover it. We both need answers and it would be great if a expert or peopl and treatments could give us answers.
1: what can he expect from the refferal and if he choses one, what are the chances the doctor will respect it, and perform the procedure?
2: will insurance cover these procedures? .